“I have believed in the Lord for six or seven years, but I still cannot get out of my life style. When I’m about to change, my previous evil practice has pulled me back. Some sisters in Christ say that my confidence isn’t firm enough. I don’t know how to get out of it. This has been very painful. I have pushed away everyone around me. I don’t have many friends. A friend has guided me for several years. But our relationship has changed this year. I do listen to the radio programs. I know that I have low self-esteem, and that I’m sensitive and mistrustful. I don’t want to be a person like this. But when something goes wrong, all my bad habits appear. My relationship with my husband is the same. Sometimes I hate such condition and don’t know how to get rid of it. I have heard a lot of sermons, but I cannot put them into practice.”
(An Audience “The Perplexed”)
- Ask Him to help “the perplexed” rely on the Lord unswervingly and live a victorious life on her religious road. Also ask the Lord to empower her to overcome the weakness and temptation.
Earthquake Came Again
An earthquake of the Richter-scale 6.8-magnitude hit Luding, Sichuan in August. There were reports of the earthquake felt in surrounding areas of Chongqing, Yunnan, Shaanxi, and Guizhou. The earthquake killed more than 100 people, injured hundreds, and destroyed many buildings and hydropower stations. It also caused the Wandong River, a tributary of the Dadu River, to stop flowing. The formation of barrier lakes jeopardized the upstream and downstream dwellings. Moreover, Sichuan residents have just experienced high temperature and power restriction, and the epidemic has risen again this summer. The occurrence of the earthquake can be described as “when it rains, it pours”.
(“China News Net”, September 7, 2022)
- Please pray to ask the Lord to reduce natural and man-made disasters, help those affected by the disasters, and watch over the local rescue operation. Also pray for the souls of people who have not heard the gospel so that they will have the opportunity to know Christianity and find a peaceful dwelling for their bodies and souls.
Pray For A Grand Child
“I believed in the Lord for more than 20 years. In view of God’s guidance, I have returned to the Lord since last year. I have also heard many programs of Radio Liangyou. So I have understood the truth of God’s words through the programs. Moreover, my son and daughter-in-law have been married for three years. They have no children. Following a medical examination, the doctor told them that my 36-year-old daughter-in-law’s eggs had grown abnormally and her uterus had also shrunk a little bit. I was disappointed originally. Yet listening to the radio programs has made me full of faith. I pray to God daily, asking Him to give them a child. They haven’t believed in the Lord yet. I don’t know whether or not this is a presumptuous and absurd request.”
- Please ask the Lord to be merciful to Sister Mei’s daughter-in-law so that she will encounter the Lord in her despair.
Kind-hearted Good Deeds
The Three Gorges Project raises the water level. The garbage originally on the river banks flow down the river, forming a floating belt and affecting the environment nearby. Mr Zhou, who lives in Zigui County of Hubei Province, thinks that he has a responsibility to protect the ecology. Therefore he has resolutely given up his job and bought a cleaning boat with his own funds to salvage floating garbage every day. Later his actions are followed by others to form the first local cleaning team of drifting garbage. At present, there are a total of 35 manual cleaning boats and two automatic ones. Nearly 100 people join this volunteered service at the peak stage. Mr Zhou’s good deeds have been recently commended and awarded with the “Government Award of Hubei Provincial Environmental Protection”.
(“China News Net”, September 13, 2022)
- May God touch more people so that they will contribute to environmental protection by refraining from discarding garbage recklessly, and will know how to make good use of resources. Ask the Lord to give the government the wisdom to strengthen education and raise public awareness of environmental protection.
- 20 Years of Internet Ministry: Since the launch of the first Radio Liangyou website on September 21, 2002, Radio Liangyou has stepped into the Internet from the ranks of short wave and medium wave broadcasting! This year, it happens to be the 20th anniversary of Radio Liangyou’s Internet Ministry. Thank God for leading us through this wonderful and wondrous journey of growth. Both radio staff and audiences grow together in terms of network knowledge and technology!
- New Studio Equipment: The refurbishment of Studio B has been completed. In addition to recording production, we tried to use the new system for live broadcast earlier, and the operation was generally smooth. Thank the Lord, the colleagues have learned and adapted well, and other recording studios will be updated one by one. May the Lord bless the replacement project without hindrance. Not only will the recording and program production not be affected, but the program will have the opportunity to enter a new production mode in the future, and the efficiency will be improved.