Couldn’t Care Less
“My parents are always worried about my marriage. They would persuade me to leave my husband. We have been living in different cities for five years due to our jobs. The most regretful person in this marriage is our daughter. This man is arrogant, selfish and irresponsible. He has a big temper and has little interaction with me. When I brought forth our marital problem to him, he didn’t know how to fix it. I really don’t see any good in him. I have a lot of bitterness in my heart, but he just couldn’t care less. I feel like I have found the wrong husband. I’m admonished by my parents and really don’t want to live with him anymore”
(Audience “Helpless Sister”)
- Pray that “Helpless Sister” can face her marriage staunchly, confess her feelings to her husband and build their relationship with communication and love. Pray that the Lord will strengthen sister to bravely manage her marriage in the Lord.
Recently, a labor rights news caused a heated discussion on the Internet. When Lin was about to end his probation period, he was fired by the company for on the grounds that during a certain day of work, he was considered to have an “unsatisfactory work attitude” for going to washroom too frequently, and the company refused to pay compensation for the dismissal. In China, disputes arisen by the probation period are not uncommon. Illegal dismissal of employees, non-payment of wages or arbitrary extension of probation period by certain management agents seriously infringes on the legitimate rights and interests of workers. Although the worker has the right to choose labor arbitration, a few fresh comers choose dumb tolerance in exchange for a certificate of termination without negative comments.
(“China Youth Daily”, June 10, 2022)
- Pray that the Lord will illuminate the workplace and remove all injustice, so that no one will use power to oppress others. For youths who have just graduated and entered the workplace, pray that they will work seriously and diligently, and have the wisdom to know how to deal with tough times.
Fellow workers engaged in the Uyghur ministry are very excited to report that with the newly completed volume, the Old Testament, which is now translated in modern Uyghur, has left only one book to work on. It is estimated that the work will be completed in early 2023. The team is currently working on a careful review, proofreading and revision. At the same time, the co-workers said that under the current circumstances, printing is a problem, and it will not be possible to distribute the printed version of the Bible among the Uyghurs, so the current online copy will be used. It is understood that the app is still viewed by tens of thousands of people, and that about 100 downloads of the Bible are recorded on mobile apps every month.
- Thanks be given to a group of faithful co-workers for their perseverance in completing the holy work of Uyghur Bible translation. Pray that the Lord will continue to strengthen them so that they can finish on schedule, that the printing process will proceed smoothly, that the Bible delivery ministry will dispatch the Bible to the Uyghurs safety, and that browsing and downloading of the Uyghur Bible on the Internet will be smooth and secure.
- Workers from the Lord: After 20 years of faithful service in FEBC Hong Kong, Rev Raymond Lo has retired from the position of Chief Executive with effect from June 1, 2022. In the past two to three years, a handful of our staff and missionaries have reached their retirement age. Pray also for other staff in succession that they may carry on the good work with wisdom and strength from above.
- Broadcast by Radio waves: As the challenges the ministry must tackle become increasingly difficult, pray that the Lord will undertake that all various platforms may operate as expected. For an even better radio coverage, we plan to reinstate broadcast via HLKX, our AM Radio Yiyou 2, with increased power. Please remember the ongoing testing and future operation.