Whole Family Collapsed
“The hospital informed me that my father was gone. Until now my whole family has collapsed. The two children have reduced fever, but three adults have continued to have a fever and severe symptoms. Currently among the three adults, only my wife can get up, but she is feeble after she has stood for a while. I have worked hard all the way for more than ten years to reach the middle class. When the natural disaster comes, I have found that there is nothing but only endless powerlessness! My father’s death was too sudden and I couldn’t see him for the last time. Currently I still cannot manage his funeral myself. My condition is getting worse. But my two kids need care. I am the “pillar” of my family and I must not fall!”
(Brother Hu of Wuhan)
- Please pray for Brother Hu’s family. It is grateful to know that his family has been admitted to hospital and their condition has improved. Pray that the family will recover as soon as possible and overcome this epidemic situation.
An emergency notice was issued in Dawu County of the province on Feb 13 that wartime closed management would be implemented. All residents will not be allowed to go into or out of the buildings, except for medical personnel, practitioners of medical materials, anti-epidemic public servants, volunteers, staff of designated supermarkets and pharmacies, purchasing agents, and practitioners of basic people’s livelihood necessities such as water, electricity, petroleum, gas and communication networks. Violators will be detained in accordance with wartime regulations. Dawu County is under the jurisdiction of Xiaogan City, Hubei Province. As at Feb 12, an accumulation of 238 cases had been diagnosed in Dawu County. It is worth noting that Dawu County is not the area with the most serious epidemic in Xiaogan City, but it ranks second to the last among the seven areas there.
(“The Daily Economic News”, February 13, 2020)
- It is reported that the implementation of “wartime control” is an extraordinary action during the extraordinary period. Ask the Lord to stop the spread of the epidemic under the situation of strict control.
Ancestors of the Uyghur people were the Colt tribe of Turk who had been exposed to the gospel of Christ early. At the beginning of the 11th century, 200,000 people of this tribe had been baptized and converted to the Lord. Since the beginning of the 14th century, Uyghur people and the entire tribe had been converted to Islam. By the end of the 19th century, a missionary team came from Sweden to preach the gospel and some Uyghur people were converted to the Lord. Currently there are tireless efforts to preach to the Uyghur people. However, the external and internal environments are very severe. It is reported that there are still Uyghur Christians who follow the Lord secretly.
- Some Uyghur believers translate spiritual books for nurturing believers into Uyghur and publish them as audio books recorded for training believers spiritually. Please pray for Uyghur believers amid hardships and dangers and for the production of these audio training materials. Also ask the Lord to open the way for FEBC to be involved in distributing and broadcasting these precious materials so that more believers can be supported and helped.
- Broadcasting Platform: The working environment was severe and Hong Kong society was restless last year. However, our Liangyou Index increased by 88 per cent over 2018! The broadcast of the programs on demand and downloading volume exceeded 1.6 million times on average per month! A total of 700 new students were also added to Liangyou Theological Seminary. In the light of an untimely condition, we thank the Heavenly Father for allowing more listeners and students to listen to our programs and attend lessons by resorting to the radio station.
- Ministry Obstructed: Due to the impact of the epidemic, the training course of “The Way of Pastors” originally scheduled this month needs to be rescheduled.