At 10 o’clock on the morning of December 14th, a man on the 4th floor of Building One of Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University stabbed a surgeon and jumped to his death. The surgeon was still in the rescue. Eyewitness Ms. Wang said she was on the fourth floor of Zhongnan Hospital that morning when she heard the nurse crying in the next room. The scene was chaotic. Someone said a male surgeon was stabbed by a 50-year-old man and was in ICU. After going downstairs, the murderer was seen lying on the concrete ground of the first floor. The hospital then surrounded the scene with a woven cloth whereas the man inside was believed dead.
(“Chutian Metropolis Daily”, December 14, 2018)
- Sadly, the current medical system in China always leads to incidents of unfavorable doctor–patient relationship. Pray for the mercy and blessing of our Lord that patients can receive proper care and treatment from medical staff; and the working environment and salary terms of medical staff should be improved.
The True God
“I am 41 years old, and married to my husband Chen for 19 years. We used to be an idolater family, but I have believed in the Lord Jesus for more than a year now. My husband despised me for my Christianity belief and even moved out as he claimed that we were not companions any more. His reaction, which never happened before, is known to many people now. May the Lord strengthen me and help me fight for the truth of the gospel. May the Lord save my husband and my family and let everyone around me, especially those who worship idolatry, know that the God I believe is real and almighty.”
- May the Lord help Sister Yang win the spiritual battle. Let her experience how much we hold tight on Him, how firm we can stand by the Lord. May the Lord choose her husband. May he return home to witness the Lord’s wonderful grace.
Poor Hotel Hygiene
In November, an Internet influencer exposed the problem of poor sanitation in upmarket hotels in the Mainland: washing coffee cups with shower gel, picking up disposable cup lids from trash cans, and washing trash cans in bathroom basins. After the reveal of such a hygienic disaster, five chain hotels in Guangzhou — Home Inns, City Convenience Hotels, 7 Days Hotels and IU Hotels, were detected outnumbered amount of Escherichia coli in their bathroom basins and toilets. For Hanting Hotel, not only were the towels and toilets contained exceeded Escherichia coli, there was hemolytic streptococcus too. The Ministry of Culture and Tourism thus requires all hotel and hotel operators to make a review to their facilities and to step up their monitoring mechanism.
(“Ming Pao News”, December 5, 2018)
- Pray for the operation of the hotel industry. In line with a tremendous growth in business and tourism in China, a strong demand for accommodation is inevitable. Despite all difficulties, may the operators can focus on the sanitation and standards of service whereas government departments can uphold the effectiveness of concerned regulations.
- Broadcast Response: The download rate of our online programs increased significantly by 40% in October, when compared with September! This was due to the development of mobile App and the use of WeChat applets on one hand. This was also probably due to the pressure faced by the Mainland churches in recent months on the other hand. Ask the Lord to maintain the smooth transmission of our programs on the Internet and via social media, and to protect our radio broadcast via short and medium waves.
- New Year Specials: A number of special editions of different programs are produced during the New Year period. Pray that more listeners will be able to understand what God says to them through these programs at this festive time. Ask the Holy Spirit to soften their hearts so that the Words of God can sprout and grow in their hearts.